The Regular Show is back in the FoF kitchen with another crazy recipe! We’re making Pizza Pouches!!!
Happy Friday Feasters! #RegularShow #Pizza
Comment your favorite form of PIzza below 😀
Thank you to all our Patrons who help keep the show growing to the next level! The link is below if you want to join the Patreon squad:
FOR THE CRUST
1 envelope quick rising yeast
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, more for surface
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130F)
2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
FOR THE FILLING:
1 can of crushed tomatoes
½ cup finely minced yellow onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ tsp oregano
¼ tsp basil
½ tsp sugar
Salt/Pepper (to taste)
cooked/crumbled Italian sausage
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients (flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt) in a large bowl. Add very warm water and olive oil and mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and should still be slightly tacky.
3. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest on floured surface while preparing filling
4. In a large heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat for one minute. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil, and sugar.
5. Cook the sauce at a steady simmer for 15 minutes or until it has reduced slightly and shows no signs of being watery.
6. Add Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Brown your sausage in a frying pan into small crumbles.
8. To make the pouches, divide dough into 8 portions. Roll 1 portion into a circle on a floured surface about ¼ of an inch thick. Sprinkle one-eighth of the cheese mixture in a rectangle in the middle, leaving all sides free of filling. Top with a layer of sauce, then 3 slices of pepperoni and crumbled Italian sausage. Sprinkle a little more cheese. Fold bottom and top of dough over filling first, then fold both of the sides over that. Use water as glue to seal the edges. Carefully transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and lightly pierce with a fork or toothpick. Repeat with remaining dough.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to cooling rack to keep bottom crisp.
FOLLOW & Send us your creations! @FeastofFiction
➤ instagram: http://www.instagram.com/FeastOfFiction
➤ facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FeastOfFiction
➤ twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FeastOfFiction
Download the Soundtrack:
Produced by John-Paul Hoang
Edited by Sam Waldow
➤ Camera: Canon C100 Mark II https://amzn.to/2Lu8H1b
➤ Lens: Canon EF 24-105mm https://amzn.to/2PJoCvV
➤ Vlog Camera: Canon G7X Mark II https://amzn.to/2NoSV9M
Editing Software: Adobe Premiere